Maceira Zayas Law Services
MZLS LLC is a boutique law firm that brings many years of distinguished experience from different backgrounds, including service within both the executive and legislative branches of local government, corporations, major local law firms, and, gubernatorial, municipal and legislative backgrounds. We combine substantive experience and detailed knowledge of Puerto Rico's tax laws, insurance laws, labor laws and corporate laws as well as governmental structures and business climate.
As our client, you can expect a personal, one-on-one relationship, with a down-to-earth, practical, and integrated approach. Because your success, matters to us.
- Public Private Partnerships
- Our attorneys possess real world legal skills and experience, with deep knowledge about how government entities work. Our attorneys have been actively involved in shaping the ways that public and private sector entities partner together, be it through unsolicited proposals, procurement procedures or direct negotiations. We have experience from both sides of the table when it comes to decision-making processes, financing tools, governing regulations and public relations or political concerns. We leverage the knowledge acquired, and the trust we have built, to help Puerto Rico evolve through P3 projects.
- We assist clients in virtually every aspect of business law, whether it be as external general counsel, on an inidividual transaction or both. Our attorneys actively seek to get involved and understand your business which allows to effectively serve as general corporate counsel, support in-house counsel, and advise on transaction basis. MZLS provides practical solutions that aid clients in navigating the complex, volatile and demanding world of business today.
- Our tax attorneys bring together combined experience from the private and public sector, that allows MZLS to provide accurate, savvy and practical tax counseling, applications for opportunity zones, other tax incentives and decrees.
- Recovery Financing
- Directed towards the state government, and municipalities by assisting and advising on the existence and procurement of federal funding for special projects and strategic initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to: FEMA, CDBG-DR, FTA and FAA funding. In addition, MZLS brings ample understanding of PROMESA and the FOMB’s functions.
- In depth knowledge in the day-to-day management of employer-employee relations. Primary emphasis on providing clients with continued preventive and remedial counseling, on a wide variety of work-force/management issues.
- Having experience serving as attorneys to different insurance companies while serving in other law firms, provides our attorneys the experience of knowing how insurance companies work on the other side, giving an upper hand when establishing claims against insurance companies.
- Our Gaming Practice provides an integrated approach of combined capabilities focused on regulatory, litigation, and compliance, within the gaming industry in Puerto Rico. Our attorneys have represented and advised clients that range from associations, casinos, in route machine operators, manufacturers, providers, and others.
- Government Affairs
- Litigation and Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Aviation Law